To set up the permissions for a workflow, switch to PERMISSION tab on the workflow design screen:
There are two types of permissions: Field Permissions and Action Permissions.
Field permissions allow the workflow designer to define the access level for roles on each field of the document. The access levels are:
- Edit: the role can edit, comment, and view the value of the field
- Comment: the role can comment and view the field, but can't edit the value of the field
- View: the role can only view the field and can't comment or edit the value of the field
- Hidden: the role can't view, comment, or edit the value of the field
Action Permissions allow the workflow designer to define what actions are available for a particular role at a particular state.
In the above screenshot,
- Not Allowed: the current role does not have access to this action when the document is at this state
- Allowed: the current role can take this action when the document is at this state.