v6.0 contains many new features and improvements, including:
1. Build a Form
- The overall form designer has been revamped to be more intuitive, easy to use, yet more powerful. Field properties have been rearranged into tabs including:
- General: most common field properties
- Sizes: allow to specify the width of the field on different screen-sizes: phone, tablet, desktop, and large desktop.
- Validation: allow to set specify required and invalid errors, advanced validating function with placeholders supported.
- Show / Hide: controls field visibility condition with placeholders supported.
- Permission: allow to set individual field permission per state.
- More features added for selected fields:
- Allow detecting user approximate location
- More detail placeholders including streetNumberOne, streetNumberTwo, city, state, postalCode, formatted, latitude, and longitude.
- Checkboxes / Radios:
- Allow specifying the number of options per line
- Use an internal or external data list as the data source for available options
- Comment: the comment field has been deprecated and replaced by Document Commenting feature.
- File Upload:
- Allow limiting the minimum and maximum file size
- Allow limiting the acceptable file types
- More detailed placeholders
- Allow showing/hiding and mark as required / optional for first name and last name
- Allow specifying number format
- Allow setting the default value
- Sequence ID: this field has been deprecated and replaced by document key. The system automatically generates a document key based on workflow key.
- Allow showing/hiding Header or Footer
- Column cell input supports 10+ different types including dropdown with data list support.
- Allow setting a footer value to be the control value
- Support comment for each time-row
- Improved both predefined and per-field placeholders
- Allow changing the workflow setting at any time without the need of unpublishing
- Create a form/process from predefined templates. We will be adding more and more templates for different categories very soon.
2. Design Workflow
- Allow setting action permission while editing a state
- Better-looking icons with the material icon set
- Allow disabling validation for fields. For example, the comment is required on Decline action but optional on Approve action.
- Quicker adjust permission while editing
3. Set Permission
- The biggest change on this version is Role-based Access Control in which the workflow designer can create roles and assign users to a role.
- Permissions setting has been improved and simplified
4. Go Live
- Improved reporting: provide a simple-yet-powerful reporting mechanism for running and extracting document values into a tabular format.
- Company Branding: allow to change the look-and-feel of Rethink Workflow to match with your company brand.
- Streamlined authentication and creation process: improved the way the system authenticates the end-user so that creating an account and signing in is much easier, especially for public workflow.
- Document Commenting: allows adding comments per field or on the entire document
- Change the sender and reply-to per workflow variant: allow to use a different email address as the sender or reply-to when sending email notifications to the user.
- For documents created from a public workflow, the system now saves the document after each change to avoid losing data.
- Support resetting the field values of the document back to what they were when the document first moved to the current state.
- Assign each document with a unique ID (TSA-0001) using the corresponding workflow key. This feature makes it easier to uniquely mention document instead of using the long id previously.
- A regular user is able to trash, delete, or restore the document when it is in the initial state.
- Document printing has been optimized to save paper
- And a ton more minor improvements and bugfixes.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.